Thursday, January 05, 2006

Rise of the Frankenstein Light

On of the problems with my par cans and desk lamps is that they cannot be focused. Also the replacement cost of a 200W par 46 lamp is $20 and I can’t get them locally. So I decided to do a little operation on one of my cans and a 250W shop lamp (I can get replacement bulbs for that lamp at about $5-6 locally).

I ripped out the wire screen in the par can and added a reflector from the shop lamp.

I used the shop lights electronics attached to a dissected music stand so I could move the lamp back and forth to create a focusable beam.

And this is the full view. I plan on replacing the ties with wire because I think they will melt with prolonged use.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sir Brian The Manly said...

Dude. That's ridiculous. ...and awesome.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home